Thanks for visiting my website!
Allow me to introduce myself…
I am a 90s baby, Congolese-born (Democratic Republic of Congo) South African and middle child of three girls. When I was 10 years old, both my parents were tragically killed in a car accident on the same day. Needless to say, life took an unexpected turn which led to a very dark and painful childhood (you can read more about it in my autobiography).
I am a sister to two intelligent women, a wife to an amazing man, and a mother to a beautiful daughter. I am an accountant by day and a writer by life – numbers may keep me busy during the day, but words are the captain of this ship! I write books (fiction and non-fiction), short stories, poetry and songs. My blog consists of a series of “confessions” about my life experiences as an orphan, about colourism, about Africa, and about writing.
Writing, which for me is the purest form of self-expression, will always play an important role in my life. My ultimate goal is to use my writing as a source of inspiration and strength, and as a means to contribute to the development of young African minds. My main focus at the moment is completing an exciting non-fiction book which I look forward to getting published in the “relatively” near future – so watch this space and subscribe to get all the updates…
- 1st Place Winner of the Colorism Healing Writing Contest, 2017
- 2nd Place Winner of the IOM “I am a Migrant Too” Poetry Contest, 2012
My Favourite Quotes
- “…Africa will write its own history, and in both North and South it will be a history of glory and dignity” – Patrice Lumumba
- “I am an African, not because I was born in Africa, but Because Africa is born in me” – Kwame Nkrumah
- “Always, no matter what, remain positive” – Rose Mpisi (my beloved mother)
Peace & Love,